1933 Goudey Baseball Card # 2 Dazzy Vance St. Louis Cardinals -Hall of Fame
1933 Goudey Baseball Card - # 2 Dazzy Vance - St. Louis Cardinals - Hall of Fame. Louis Cardinals (1933, 1934), and Cincinnati Reds (1934). Known for his impressive fastball, Vance was the only pitcher to lead the National League in strikeouts seven consecutive seasons. Vance was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1955.
His career WAR is 60.3. 1933 Goudey Baseball Cards (R319). Enos Gordon Goudey founded the Goudey Gum Company in 1919, which opened its first factory in Boston, Massachusetts. While cards had previously been available with cigarettes, tobacco products, and select candy lines, baseball cards were not previously available with gum at an affordable price for children - one penny per stick of gum and card. This new 1933 Goudey "Big League Chewing Gum" set contained 240 cards (or 239 depending on the treatment of the Lajoie card, #106), and each card measured 2 3/8" by 2 7/8".
This item is in the category "Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop\Sports Trading Cards\Trading Card Singles". The seller is "vintagetobacco" and is located in this country: US.
This item can be shipped to United States.
- Card Size: 2 3/8\
- Autographed: No
- Set: 1933 Goudey Big League Chewing Gum
- Certification Number: 0383723
- Custom Bundle: No
- Product: Single
- Year Manufactured: 1933
- Player/Athlete: Dazzy Vance
- Vintage: Yes
- Graded: Yes
- Sport: Baseball
- Language: English
- Original/Reprint: Original
- Manufacturer: Goudey Gum Company
- Team: St. Louis Cardinals
- Season: 1933
- League: Major League (MLB)
- Material: Card Stock
- Grade: 1
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Type: Sports Trading Card
- Era: Pre-WWII (Pre-1942)
- Professional Grader: Sportscard Guaranty Corporation (SGC)
- Card Number: 2
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States